Tuesday 20 October 2015

Minor Project: Storyboard Start

I've begun story boarding for my animation. I thought by drawing out the vision of how I want my animation to look like, it would give me a better understanding of what I need to change and how the story will play out and flow.  These are also just some of the main features of the animations and will have a lot more frames linking the ones below.

A few areas I definitely need to focus on from these storyboards is the design of the spaceship. In these frames the environment seems very smooth and more futuristic, this will not be the case in the final design as I want my spacecraft to have high amounts of detail and controls. I didn't include this detail in my storyboards purely to save time as I just wanted to get an idea of the shots I want to create.

Another main aspect I want to focus on is the ending before the ending. The final ending will be the tape player and camera floating out of the open door. However I need to think about the final climatic room or corridor in the spacecraft that shows the full insanity that consumed the occupant of the ship. To show the insanity already I've got writing on the walls, an endless tally of days in space and creepy makeshift dolls made by the occupant to keep him company. Possibly combining these and some other ideas will give me something to use for the ending before the ending.

2 comments: